Tuesday 19 September 2017

Latest Interview of Italian Actress Carlotta Montanari



1.         What attracted you to begin a career as an actor?
My parents divorced when I was very little which caused me a lot of emotional pain. I grew up with a sense of incompleteness that I never knew how to fill. This made me pretty shy and insecure. I soon developed a love for animals which made me want to become a veterinarian. Instead, I followed my father’s wishes and made him happy by studying and graduating with a Masters in Visual Arts. In the end, this path turned out to be very useful. When I was 13 I used to play with cameras and I was making little documentaries and stories about animals and nature. It was only at 22 after the studies that I took an acting seminary in Rome based on Stanislavsky work that I realized acting was a real need in my life. That was the therapy that was going to heal me, that was going to be the space where my feelings and my fears could be free and serve a purpose. That was enough. I’m so grateful for this journey that has allowed me to overcome the challenges I encountered earlier in life.

2.         How do you handle working within a large team?
I am a big believer that with team-work you can expand your knowledge and make something good into something great. When I watch a movie I think about every single figure who worked in the project and I value everyone’s role in it. A movie is like a song. The people who make that happen are the notes of that song.

3.         What type of role you like to perform the most?
Every role can give you something great to take with you for life. Is a role is greatly written, small or big, it will give me an unforgettable journey that I will take with me forever. I like introspective and challenging roles, because it allows me to go to places I normally would protect and hide from everyday life, like most people probably would do.

4.         How long have you been an actor? From where did you get started?
I started TV hosting and acting at 22, after the studies and

5.         Are you working on any current projects?
Yes, I am writing a story based on a true fact. I have been working on it on and off due to the fact that is a very painful story and sometimes I had to put it aside. I am looking forward to see it finished, I hope in the New Year.
I am also working on a story that will support the horse rescue, it’s a beautiful love story that will melt your heart.

6.         What are your strong points as an actor?
I think is the vulnerability. Truthfulness and honesty come with it.

7.          What have you learned from your senior actors?
Everything I know comes from watching and absorbing from great work. When I work on a character it becomes a lifetime learning and everything I learned from my mentors, co workers and teachers I will always keep it in my work but also in my personal life. I have enormous respect for all the ones who have contributed to who I am today beside my family, such as Martin Landau, Penny Allen, Lou Antonio, Beatrice Bracco, Micheal Margotta, James Di Stefano, Salome Jens, Allan Miller  and other incredible generous talents.

8.       What are your educational qualifications?
I graduated with master in Visual Arts and History of Art; I have other certifications in art that I personally wanted to get while acting was my priority. I feel you can’t never learn enough and the more experiences you have and the more rich range you can have as an actor.

9.       What are your hobbies?
My hobbies are many, acting is my biggest passion that I can’t live without, and activism and philanthropy are also things I do everytime is possible. I would like to use my voice for important causes, I volunteer for animals and horse rescue.

10.      Tell us more about the charities you support?
I support horse rescue with Angels and heaven Horse Rescue and Ranch, Dogs Without Borders, WWF, I grew up with animals and I love animals so much. But I also support the amazing organization called Face Forward against domestic abuse. I love women and I want to be helpful for those who need voice out there, I strongly believe that any help can make a huge difference. I support I hope that the project I am working on will support these causes even more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

CARLOTTA MONTANARI ABOUT